Operations & Customer Success Manager
ABOUT THE ROLE
Hotel Lobby Candle, a fast-growing start-up in the home fragrance industry, is actively looking to grow its team. We’re currently seeking a highly motivated and analytical candidate to support the COO in several areas including operations, customer success, and wholesale support.
This role reports directly to the co-founder and COO and offers tremendous growth opportunity for the right candidate who demonstrates a high competency in this role. Ultimately, our goal is for you to master all assigned tasks and roles, and eventually build a team as you take on more responsibility over time.
The ideal candidate for this position understands that working for a start-up requires a different mindset (and a different set of work hours) from most traditional jobs. We are seeking a candidate who can show equal passion and dedication to the long-term success of the business as the founders themselves.
- Monitor day-to-day order flow in Shopify, identifying orders that require special attention and/or priority service, and working with our 3rd party warehouse to ensure timely and accurate fulfillment.
- Identify & resolve fulfillment issues by communicating regularly with our 3rd party warehouse and through their proprietary software.
- Work with Passport Shipping and Loop Returns to ensure international orders, returns, and exchanges are being processed accurately.
- Process advanced shipment notices (ASN’s) by communicating with suppliers and 3rd party warehouse.
- Track credits due to HLC from our 3rd party warehouse and review monthly billing for accuracy.
- Periodically audit tracking information to ensure no customer orders have been lost or unduly delayed.
- Stay up to date on all Shopify software updates and implement changes to enhance UX and drive sales.
- Assist COO with ad-hoc requests and sit in on calls as needed.
- Respond to all customer inquiries and issues in a timely manner providing “5-star” customer service.
- Develop and execute strategies to enhance customer retention, loyalty, and drive sales growth within our direct-to-consumer channel.
- Manage day-to-day communications with shipping carriers as needed to resolve issues.
- Process wholesale orders in SPS Commerce in a timely manner and oversee fulfillment.
- Communicate with counterparts at wholesale accounts as needed during the fulfillment process.
- Track wholesale invoices for accurate and timely payment.
- Ensure wholesale accounts have new and complete sets of testers on a quarterly basis.
This job description may not be inclusive of all assigned duties, responsibilities, or aspects of the job described, and may be amended at any time at the sole discretion of the company.
- You have a roll-up-your-sleeves/start-up mentality and can wear many hats as needed.
- You have a positive, go-getter attitude.
- You have a “we” not “me” mentality when it comes to working on a team.
- You’re a quick learner.
- You handle pressure well and are comfortable managing multiple tasks at once.
- You have exceptional organizational and follow-up skills.
- You can work independently and communicate with management effectively.
- You think creatively to solve problems and can improve upon current processes and procedures.
- You go above and beyond the call of duty and are able to work overtime when it’s required of you.
- You’re a pro-active, solutions-oriented person, who can take complete ownership of the role.
- You’re a leader, willing to teach others as you grow within the company.
- You’re able to be flexible in your role as the needs of the business change.
- You’re open to feedback.
- You’re dependable and trustworthy.
- You take initiative and seek increased responsibilities.
- You take independent actions and calculated risks.
- You’re eager to build and manage a team as we continue to grow.
- You have an interest in new product development, logistics, and inventory management.
Bachelor’s Degree or higher with a strong GPA.
Fluent in Shopify and/or Shopify Plus platforms.
Fluent in SPS Commerce and processing EDI orders (transmitting ASNs and Invoices)
Must become an expert in navigating our 3rd Party warehouse’s proprietary technology.
Comfortable working outside “normal” business hours and 1-2 hours on weekends.
5+ years in operations at a product-focused direct-to-consumer brand.
2+ years in wholesale operations (EDI/SPS Commerce order fulfillment).
Previous experience in a customer service role.
Previous experience at a start-up.
Previous experience growing and managing a team.
Previous experience with Loop Returns, Rebuy, Appstle Subscriptions, Passport Shipping, Asana, and Slack.
You may be required to travel to our 3rd party warehouse and manufacturers as needed, and assist in wholesale efforts by visiting accounts for product training and merchandising.
Competitive compensation based on experience.
Bonus eligible based on individual and company performance.
Ability to work remote. Some in-person work may be required.
Medical, paid vacation, holidays.
There will be a 6-month trial period for the candidate accepted for this role to ensure fit.
References will be required in later rounds.
HLC is a young and fast-growing company, and all employees are expected to be a positive, contributing member to the HLC Team.
Send an email with the subject line “Operations & Client Success Manager - YOUR NAME” with your resume explaining why you’re a great fit for this role to email@example.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.