HOTEL LOBBY CANDLE CAREERS
We are currently hiring for the following role:
- Coordinator, Marketing/PR
POSITION: Coordinator, Marketing/PR
ABOUT THE ROLE: Hotel Lobby Candle is looking for a dynamic Coordinator, Marketing/PR to join our fast-growing brand. In this role you will report to the VP of Marketing & Brand Partnerships, and support the team in the development and execution of marketing campaigns, strategies, and press.
In addition to partnering on marketing-driven plans and campaigns across email, SMS, social, paid media, partnerships, affiliate marketing, influencer relations, and PR, this role will ensure that all work aligns with brand standards and objectives. The position requires strong administrative and communication skills, attention to detail, sense of urgency, ability to multitask, and interest in media and brand communications.
The ideal candidate is in-tune with brand/influencer/marketing trends, an avid social media consumer, and has experience in a founder-led start-up environment.
The Coordinator, Marketing/PR will report directly to the VP of Marketing & Brand Partnerships, as well as partnering closely with our creative and social teams, Co-Founders, and Operations Manager.
Candidates must be located in New York, NY or Dallas, TX. Position is remote but will require in-person meetings as needed. Some travel may be required.
- Manage all marketing systems and processes that enable efficient workflow across all teams via project management platforms (Asana) that help ensure the overall on-time and on-track status of all marketing efforts
- Work hand-in-hand with the VP on brand collabs and partnerships as it relates to internal and external marketing needs
- Assist with onboarding creators and growing affiliate program
- Work with the VP of Marketing to proactively pitch national press outreach (and regional, if applicable), handle award submissions (for the brand & Founder), and reactively handle sending HLC assets as requested
- Maintain an up-to-date media, influencer and founder VIP lists and collaborate with social media agency as needed
- Liaise with cross-functional teams regularly for all product launch updates
- Take ownership of the HLC Asset Library
- Work directly with the founder to save down and organize important information important information (ie. photoshoot imagery, etc.) on behalf of the brand
- Support founders with marketing-related tasks on an as-needed basis (giftings to VIPs, etc.)
- Create product one-sheets and press release for any/all relevant brand announcements and product launches
- Consistently deliver new ideas, inspiration, and a fresh POV to help foster conversation and evolution of HLC
- Contribute to team brainstorm sessions to develop innovative campaigns
- Monitor competitive brands and be-in-the-know of what they are launching, how they are launching, and always see what HLC can be doing better to lead the category
- Record PR results weekly utilizing Zinio and Google searches when needed
- Update pending, confirmed and published placement trackers on an ongoing basis
- 4-year Undergraduate Degree in Communications, Marketing or a related field
Minimum of 2 years of experience in Marketing or Public Relations, preferably within the luxury beauty/home space (but not required)
- You’re a self-starter that thrives in an entrepreneurial environment and can navigate, set clear priorities, and multi-task in a fast-paced setting
- You’re a creative thinker and a strong writer with a keen eye for detail
- You have the ability to see the big picture and also focus on the details simultaneously, seamlessly working alongside the team through day-to-day deliverables that support a holistic brand strategy
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills allow you to move quickly and pivot as needed
- You have an eagerness & willingness to roll up your sleeves and get into the weeds as we set up teams, channels, and processes to scale
- You have a positive, go-getter attitude
- You have a “we” not “me” mentality when it comes to working on a team
- You’re a quick learner
- You have exceptional organizational and follow-up skills
- You can work independently and communicate with management effectively
- You think creatively to solve problems and can improve upon current processes and procedures
- You go above and beyond the call of duty and are able to work overtime when it’s required of you
- You’re able to be flexible in your role as the needs of the business change
- You’re open to feedback
- You’re dependable and trustworthy
- You take initiative and seek increased responsibilities
- You are optimistic, passionate, and humble
- You have experience in Asana, Shopify, and Canva
- You love candles
The salary for this position is $50K (depending on experience and location).
- Ability to work remote.
- Some in-person work may be required.
- Medical, paid vacation, holidays.
TO APPLY: Send an email with the subject line “Coordinator, Marketing/PR - YOUR NAME” with your resume explaining why you’re a great fit for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
HLC is a young and fast-growing company, and all employees are expected to be a positive, contributing member to the team. We are an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law. This job description may not be inclusive of all assigned duties, responsibilities, or aspects of the job described, and may be amended at any time at the sole discretion of the company.