Director of Brand Marketing and Partnerships
ABOUT THE ROLE
As Hotel Lobby Candle’s first Director of Brand Marketing and Partnerships, you will be responsible for developing and executing the marketing strategy to drive customer acquisition and grow awareness of HLC through brand partnerships, social media, influencer marketing, community engagement, PR, experiential/in-person activations, and other key initiatives.
You will refine HLC’s monthly marketing/content calendar, build launch campaigns for new products/partnerships, inject creativity and fresh ideas into HLC’s marketing, and serve as an expert on new and trending social media platforms/content.
The ideal candidate has experience in a founder-led start-up environment, developing a brand strategy from scratch, and prior experience at omnichannel and DTC brands through periods of rapid growth and scale.
The Director of Brand Marketing and Partnerships will report directly to brand founders and also be responsible for partnering closely with our creative & social teams.
Candidates must be located in the NYC area.
Position is remote but will require in-person meetings as needed.
Some travel may be required.
- Lead strategic brand marketing planning in support of founder vision
- Maintain a marketing calendar for new product launches and promo events
- Spearhead, develop, and drive strategic brand marketing programs from inception to launch
- Lead marketing business development for collaborations and partnerships
- Develop experiential & offline campaigns (events, dinners, partnerships, etc.)
- Leverage personal network to secure and execute on brand collaborations & partnerships
- Consistently deliver new ideas, inspiration, and a fresh POV to help foster conversation and evolution of the brand
- Develop copy and messaging for emails, texts, and other campaigns
- Refine brand standards, guidelines, and best practices for elevating brand positioning
- Work cross-functionally with PR and social/influencer marketing teams
- Collaborate on photoshoots, video shoots, and brand asset photography
- Own reporting and evaluate performance of marketing-related brand initiatives
- Research & test new marketing strategies and technologies
- Monitor competitive brands for insights that could lead to innovations
- 8+ years of experience in brand marketing with beauty, home, and/or luxury brands preferred (but not required.)
- You have early-stage start-up experience with the ability to move quickly and pivot as needed.
- You are a creative/visual person as well as an analytical thinker, who continually pushes the brand to turn findings into executable, strategic plans.
- You have an eagerness & willingness to roll up your sleeves and get into the weeds as we set up teams, channels, and processes to scale.
- You have a strong passion for creative storytelling, consumer shopping behavior, and emerging trends in social marketing and new media.
- You have the ability to execute on today's challenges while maintaining a forward-thinking mindset around where we will be six months, a year, and several years from now.
- You have a naturally collaborative demeanor and you thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, and highly-fluid environment.
- You are decisive, driven by action, and able to motivate, inspire, and lead varying teams to leverage resources effectively.
- You are strongly motivated by results, and possess the ability to manage independently and take calculated risks.
- You are optimistic, passionate, and humble.
- You love candles.
- Experience with Shopify, Klayvio, Asana, Canva
- An eye for aesthetics and design
- Understanding of SEO strategy
- Prior experience growing and managing a team
- Passion for travel, fragrance, and hospitality
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Performance-based bonuses
- Ability to work remote
- Medical, paid vacation, holidays
- Friendly, fun, creative & collaborative work environment
- Free candles. Lots of them
To apply: send an email with the subject line “Director of Brand Marketing - YOUR NAME” with your resume explaining why you’re a great fit for this role to email@example.com
This job description may not be inclusive of all assigned duties, responsibilities, or aspects of the job described, and may be amended at any time at the sole discretion of Hotel Lobby Candle.